I'm a Professional Photographer living and working between Rome and Berlin. Founder of the studio Camera 42.
I'm the curator of the blog “Fermo Immagine” on the italian news television (RAI) website (www.rainews.it) and Photographers’ Coordinator of the Italian Theather Festival Inscena in New York.
I've been invited as speaker for different italian shows, as street photographer: Photoshow (Milan and Rome), Fotografica 2012 (Milan) and at the Festival della Fotografia di Pesaro in 2013.
My photo Red Rain is on a worldwide distribution as artistic poster by the Image Conscious (http://www.imageconscious.com/) - California (US), which since 2012 sold thousands of copies worldwide.
My visual quest is centered on the concept of human loneliness, scattered and lost amidst urban chaos, but my point of view always has a certain surreal, oniric quality, properly balanced by the irony of the pictures’ titles. Selected images emphasize the feeling of incumbent vital spaces, where men are found wandering like lost, lonely shadows.
My works were often used as cover art for publications in Italy and abroad. My work was awarded with the Honorable Mention at IPA (International Photography Awards): "Surprise!" and "Mala Strana" in 2007 and "Generations" in 2009.
In 2010 my photo Surprise! was designed as Picture of the year by FWA – Favourite Website Awards. I have organized in Rome several personal and collective exhibition.
The last one in Berlin in the European Month of Photography 2014 in the Italian Cultural Institute, I exhibited my work “Berlin Heute: die Zukunft der Metropolis”, a visual research aimed to find in the present Berlin what was foreseen in Metropolis Movie by Fritz Lang.
I'm currently involved in historical photographic researches, interior photography, street photography, reportage, teaching photography in workshops and seminars.
I collaborate since 2011 with Airbnb as Interiors Photographer.
- Exhibition “Berlin Today: the future of Metropolis” in the 6th European Month of Photography Berlin (14/10-14/11/2014)
- Photographer at the “Cité de la Musique” in Parigi for the concert Dufourt-Ronchetti with the Ensemble Intercontemporain (November, 8th 2013)
- Coordinating the photographers for InScena NY ’13 – Italian Theatre Festival in New York (2013 and 2016)
- Invited by the Pesaro Photo Festival 2013 for a “meet the author” (May 2013)
- Agreement with Image Conscious for the exclusive distribution as Wall Art of the pictures “Fragments of Water” and “Mala Strana” (2013)
- Workshop on “Street Photography” at Canon Fotografica 2012 – Milan (November 2012)
- Photographic Set for Renault in the Museum of Contemporary Art – Rome (September 2012)
- Exhibition “Heute Berlin – The Future of Metropolis” in Forte San Gallo – Nettuno (November 11st-16th, 2012)
- Workshop on “Street Photography” at Photoshow 2012 – Rome (April 2012)
- Photographer for “3e32 Naufragio di Terra” by Lucia Ronchetti – Basilica di S. Maria di Collemaggio, L’Aquila – April, 28th 2012
- Photographer for “Sei Personaggi in cerca di autore” by Lucia Ronchetti – Auditorium Rai Turin, February, 3rd 2012
- Member of the Jury, with president Paolo Pellegrin, of the Photograhic Competition for Charity “Acqua/Water” (April 2011)
- Photographer for RAI Italian Television Orchestra at the Berlin Philarmonic (November 2011)
- Official Photographer in the Rome Auditorium for the concert “Lezioni di Tenebra” by the composer Lucia Ronchetti, March, 6-7-8 2011
- The photo “Surprise!” is chosen as Photo of the Year 2009 by FWA – Favourite Website Awards
- Photographer for Salini Costruttori Spa for the new Metro B1 line of Rome (2009-2010)
- Photographer for the Charity Evening, organized by Emma Bonino (No Peace Without Justice) and Anna Fendi in Villa Letizia, Rome – November 17th 2009
- The Photo “Generations” received an Honorable Mention at IPA International Photography Awards – Lucie Awards 2009
- The Photos “Surprise!” e “Mala Strana” received an Honorable Mention at IPA International Photography Awards – Lucie Awards 2007
- Book "We Will Forget Soon" - Stefano Corso e Dario Jacopo Laganà
- Article about me on the italian Magazine Fotografare (April 2016)
- Interview on the Italian Magazine Image Mag (Jan-Feb 2014)
- Article about me on the Chinese Magazine Photo World (November 2012)
- Interview on Italian CQ Magazine (November 14, 2012)
- My portfolio published on the Magazine Camerapixo – issue n.22
- Interview for the Magazine Photo Professional (Italian Edition, n. 30 – May 2012)
- Cover picture of the book “Luna de Casino” by Peter Blauner (Es Pop Ediciones – Spain 2012)
- Interview for the Turkish Magazine Fotoritim (May 2012)
- Interview for the Canon Italia Weekly Magazine as Professional Photographer of the Week
- Article about me on the Portoguese Magazine DP Arte Fotografica (n.32 – 03/2011)
- Portrait of Andrea Camilleri on the book “Un Inverno Italiano” (2009), on the book “Di Testa Nostra” (2010) and "Come la penso" (2013), ed. Chiarelettere
- Reportage “Iwo Jima Chronicles” published on Vanity Fair (12-2010)
- The Picture “Generational Fights” was selected for the publication on the photographic book “1x – In pursuit of the Sublime” – (November 2010)
- Cover Image on the Magazine L’Archeo Thema (n. 5 -11/12 2009)
- Image on the Italian Magazine Airone (giugno 2009)
- Cover Image on the book “L’Infiltrato” by Tommaso Capolicchio (Ed. Kowalski, 2009)
- Article about me on the Swiss Newspaper SonnetagsZeitung on April, 13rd 2008
- Cover Image on the Toni Sepeda‘s Book “Mit Brunetti durch Venedig“, (Ed. Diogenes – Zurich, December 2008)
- Photographic work with pictures of Rome for the book “La mia cucina ebraico-romanesca” (Logartpress, 2007) by Bruna Tedeschi
- Picture on the Magazine Max (German Edition), 2005
In 2016 I founded Camera 42 in collaboration with friends and professional photographers.
At the core of Camera 42, there is a group of photographers with a passion for visual arts. Professionality and passion are the foundation of our work.
Camera 42 is housed in a 100 square meters structure in the center of Rome, with a full photographic studio, display room and classrooms. It is a place where people can share their expertise in several photographic fields, and where theory and techniques are functional to the result.